Pages

Friday 5 July 2013

Steps Of Panic - Narrative Practise

This is a narrative story I wrote for our narrative practice. I felt like I could write myself as on of the characters that was experiencing one of her nightmares. I hop you enjoy reading my story.

Tears advanced towards the banks of my brown eyes flooding my sight with blindness. Sound effects echoed all around me haunting me. I glanced through the corn rows. My heart burned with desperation.I had to find them.Shadows Night had just opened and I was one of the fortunate people  people to snatch a ticket from the booth. Or not so fortunate by the sound of it.

12  O'clock at night, she’ll appear in your sight, her eyes are red crawling with maggots. Her teeth and claws are crooked and jagged. I panicked as I looked my eyes tinted with fear. My heart was pounding against my chest. My head was swirling with ideas to distract my light heart. I gave up.  I was dead. I yanked out my phone dialing Lome’s number automatically knowing Seka would be there
“Lome!Seka!”
The wind whistled as if my fears had suddenly lit up its heart. Lome replied screaming down the phone.
“ Mavee what is it this time?”  
I shouted over the howling wind
“Where are you!?”
Seka replied “ we’re eating Chips at Rainbows End you?”
Sarcasm lingered in my voice “ oh you know just the usual I’m just standing in the middle of  Carls Junior.”
Seka choked on her big mac “ Say what?? Weren’t you at Shadows Night?”
I rolled my eyes “Oh Nah.”
Lomes voice took over the phone.”Why’d you call us for?”
I moved around in the corn maze whimpering as cornt leafs slapped my arms.
“ Listen up I’m really annoyed ok? I clocked all the levels but -”  My heart was beating faster and faster faster and faster  and faster until ...empty words choked me .I was suddenly falling.  Ice erupted in my back, fright pricked me and confusion bit me. I was yanked to a stop someone had pulled me as I was falling. I scratched and scratched.
“Ehhh the sungas already angry we didn’t get here earlier!:
“Apiseka! Salome! Sweet Jesus you guys saved me!”
Apiseka stood under a hole which had sun beaming through it. She put her hand to her chest while the other patted my head.
“Oh thank you very much thank you thank you!” She repeated as if she was a worldwide entertainer.A man in a wrinkled long coat topped by a  crinkled top hat. He looked familiar. Its impossible I knew he worked here I just never knew tonight. I’m in big trouble.
“Livi what are you doing here? I spluttered
“Working. Does Aunty know your here?”  He asked smirking
My face remained blank as I looked away. He laughed out loud. His white teeth glistening. I suddenly clicked. He's going to snitch on me to my mum. He pulled out my 50 dollars he owed me and waved it in the air. I leapt up and started chasing it like a clueless puppy. Salome and Apiseka joined in the chase. Seka got tired, sat down and took a colossal bite out of her Fries. She threw her fries onto her bag . lept up beating us to the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment