Pages

Friday 5 July 2013

Stitched Circus

The reason why I chose the stitched circus as a title will be explained in the story. I have  a huge fear of clowns and I decided to channel that fear into a story the brings out my imagination. Writing was part of our work this week and were were given a prompt the went like this:
It was the strangest thing I've ever seen. 
I hope you enjoy reading my story.
Curiosity erupted in my head, multiple sounds advanced towards my ears flooding the tips of my ears. The door creaked rocking back and forth on its rusty hinges.  The air contaminated with dust,dirt and a revolting toxic smell.  I waited,ice slithered up  my spine infecting it goosebumps poisoning my positive attitude with negativity.


Desperate to get out of the house I planted my foot onto the window sill. There was rotting hay below foot prints were printed into the hay. They led up to the exact window I was swinging my feet . Foot prints haunted me running faster and faster and faster and faster and faster and faster until it stopped. I glanced up. As if on cue hanging above me where shoes but no ordinary shoes red shoes. Suddenly old newspapers flooded into my head. New York Time: “ Circus Clowns Are Alleged Of Kidnapping! “ “L.A lounge: Red footprints stamped across a child's bed! But where is the child!”  

The man in the red shoes looked down at me. It wasn't..It was a ... it was...a boy! Not just any boy but the one who lived down the street from me. He stared me I stared at him. His brown eyes twinkled with delight. Somehow it was the strangest thing I ever seen. A boy in clown shoes!
“Are you here to help me? Mavee??Hello??”  Asked the boy with brown eyes.
“Listen up  shaneehh - “ I replied but the boy cut in
“Its shane silent h at the end!” Shane bubbled furiously
“and? Anyway what am we doing here?” I grinned confused climbing up to join him
“We’re gonna be clowns they’re gonna ...” He traveled off as a car which had TEEHEE written all over it popped up in the distance.I grabbed his collar lifting him up off the ground.
“What are they going to do to us Shane!?!?!?”
“They’re gonna make us continue on the clown legacy they’re gonna make us do idiotic tricks they’re gonna stitch our mouths their gonna paint our face!”
That was indeed what they did. For 3 years me and Shane stayed with the Clowns traveling around America. There was a new trick to be performed. All the other clowns would walk on a rope that me and Shane held while a net was held below. Thats it! I stopped stood up and ran to shane.I wrote on a  piece of paper:
Shane when they are all on the  rope on top of the net we’ll let go of the rope while the other kids who are holding the net up all jump onto the stand in the middle bringing the corners together trapping the clowns!
We high fived. We wrote this on a paper and sent it to the other kids. With pain I took away the stitches on my mouth trickling with small traces of blood perfect. Now the whole world will see what they have done to us to the children of America!  Darkness enveloped the whole town as our tent pitched up. The ringmaster announced

“Now time for our clowny act from the clowny clown clowns we bring to you the ropes!”
Me and all the other children had masks on the type you wear when you’re on a protest the ones that were white but had a devil’s moustaches on front you know what I mean. The clowns all  jumped up on the rope grinning hopelessly thinking they had won too bad.My eyes signalled Shane as I loosened my grip I  shouted over the noise
“Now!” We let go the clowns fell the children standing on a podium way above the crowd down below jumped to the main podium. The tied the corners together trapping the clowns just as I planned. We used our newly found acrobatic skill we all jumped down. The crowd was shocked. The other children stood in a pyramid shape with me at the top followed by Shane and some random kid.  The  4 th row stripped the masks from their faces their parents who were in the crowd stood up gasping,crying wailing that their child was found. Their mouths were sealed with anger the children showed the crowd their stitched lips. The 3rd row revealed themselves then the second then Shane and the kid and last but not least me I took of my mask revealing my face my lips still had blood trickling down my face scarred with scratches.

The town's sheriff stood up and screamed
“ They’re alive! Mavis is alive!My girl is alive!”
That's right the Sheriff is my dad. I ran into his arms crying happily all the other children followed I remember being the 9 year old who led the protest who won with the children. Those kids and I started a show where we travel but we smile and talk where we’re happy but we still go home.
We still have family



No comments:

Post a Comment