Pages

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Buddy Writing - Welcoming Tonga

As I drove into the airport, I was shocked to see a sea of red,white and brown.There were people singing and dancing with pride.I could see cameras clicking away happily,the sound of laughter ringing in my ears.I started to cover my eyes,as Tongans
rushing past me to get to the front so they could see the rugby players,people are jumping up and down with excitement shouting “GO TONGA!”

I tried pushing my way through the crowd but I couldn't find my way through! I heard the Tongans screaming as loud as possible. I was stunned. Some of the the Tongan rugby players were marching onto the stage. Smiles were printed in their faces. They were exhausted from the flight.

They were tall and looked very strong. They were happy to represent their country . Although they were in a different country they still had the support . The Tongan rugby team performed an enthusiastic haka tau for their supporters and their country .

Everyone was exhausted, it’s because they had been waiting for hours in the boiling weather,for this .







2 comments:

  1. I liked your story Mavis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Mavis, Esther and Lydia. I felt like I was really there. :)

    ReplyDelete